Saturday, August 31, 2013

Birthday Card Class -- September 22, 2013

I've prepared 4 Birthday Cards for my return to teaching classes at Camarillo United Methodist Church.  The class will be held at 2pm on September 22nd in the Choir Room.  Come create some beautiful cards for those you love.  The Materials fee is $10 (checks made out to CUMC, please). 

Please let me know if you'd like to come by emailing to mlycat@earthlink.net or calling (805) 479-8385. 

Here are the cards we'll be making:

Poppies

I found this beautiful idea by Amanda Corbet and wanted to share it with you.  The trick is getting everything lined up, but I can show you how.  We'll use the lovely Pleasant Poppies Stamp for this one. 


Stamping and watercoloring CAN go together as is indicated in this card I modified from Deb Valder's design.  You'll love using the Stampin' Up! Aqua Painter for this one.
 
 
I had fun modifying Michelle Reynolds' original design to make this card.  If you've never learned the art of "Stamping Off" this card will get you there.  It uses Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper, the Best of Shelli and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets and a touch of Victoria Crochet Trim. 



This simple card is made with the Bring on the Cake and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets.  I threw a little Baker's Twine and some rhinestones for a little "pow" but this could easily be modified to be quite masculine with diffent color choices.  Thanks to Melissa Stout for the idea.

 

I hope you can join me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment