Saturday, June 9, 2012

Angry Birds at our house -- Punch Art



I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures of my son's birthday cake from last March.  We had a ball at his Angry Birds Birthday Party.  I spray painted a bunch of packing boxes for the kids to stack up and knock down with the rotten pigs (green balls on which I drew pig faces) on them.  We got a LOT of mileage out of those cardboard boxes. 



The kids had fun decorating egg-shaped cookies and little piggie banks.  They "killed" pig balloons and hunted for the egg with the special token in it.  The kids and adults (We played "Rock Band"!)had a really good time and I had fun decorating the cake with these punch art birds and pigs I made.  It gave me an excuse to buy chocolate rocks and Whoppers to put in the nest.


A couple of the kids wanted to take home some of the birds.  I was The Evil Mama and told them "No way, Kiddos.  I'm going to scrapbook them!"  ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment